- New Funding Announced to Evaluate Exposure to Environmental Hazards March 31, 2023The ATSDR Partnership to Promote Local Efforts to Reduce Environmental Exposure (APPLETREE) cooperative agreement program will award $13.95 million to fund 30 state health departments to evaluate past and present exposure to environmental hazards and to prevent future exposures.
- Increased Use of Telehealth Services and Medications for Opioid Use Disorder During the COVID-19 Pandemic Associated with Reduced Risk for Fatal Overdose March 29, 2023The expanded availability of opioid use disorder-related telehealth services and medications during the COVID-19 pandemic was associated with a lowered likelihood of fatal drug overdose among Medicare beneficiaries, according to a new study.
- Autism Prevalence Higher, According to Data from 11 ADDM Communities March 22, 2023One in 36 (2.8%) 8-year-old children have been identified with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), according to an analysis published today in CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR).
- TB is Still Here – New CDC Data Show U.S. Cases Increased Again in 2022 March 22, 2023Preliminary TB data released by CDC ahead of World TB Day show that the number of U.S. TB disease cases increased 5% in 2022 to 8,300 cases. CDC is calling on healthcare providers and communities disproportionately affected by TB to Think. Test. Treat TB.
- CDC Acquires 465-Acre Site in Mace, West Virginia for Research Facility March 21, 2023CDC, along with the General Services Administration, today announced the acquisition of a site in Mace, West Virginia for a new facility that will focus on the mining industry and advance the agency’s research capabilities.
- Increasing Threat of Spread of Antimicrobial-resistant Fungus in Healthcare Facilities March 20, 2023Candida auris (C. auris), an emerging fungus considered an urgent antimicrobial resistance (AR) threat, spread at an alarming rate in U.S. healthcare facilities in 2020-2021, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published in the Annals of Internal Medicine.
- U.S.-Led Global Effort Dramatically Increases Number of People Receiving Lifesaving HIV Treatment in Less than Two Decades March 14, 2023A new analysis from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reveals that the number of people receiving lifesaving HIV treatment through PEPFAR has increased 300 times in under 20 years, from 2004 to 2022.
- CDC and ATSDR Staff Begin Next Steps in ACE Investigation in East Palestine, Ohio March 13, 2023The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) are preparing for the next phase of the Assessment of Chemical Exposure (ACE) investigation to assess the health impacts of the February 3 train derailment that occurred in East Palestine, Ohio.
- FDA and CDC Response to the Florida Surgeon General March 13, 2023FDA and CDC Response to the Florida Surgeon General regarding COVID-19 vaccine safety.
- CDC Statement on President’s Fiscal Year 2024 Budget March 9, 2023Today, the Biden Administration released the President’s FY 2024 budget. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) budget request for FY 2024 includes $11.581 billion in discretionary budget authority, Prevention and Public Health Fund (PPHF), and PHS Evaluation Funds.
Need Financial Assistance?
Navigating health benefits and making payments can be tough. We can help!
Are You A Healthcare Provider?
Let’s partner in providing care for someone you know.